Two weeks ago I visited Scala Days 2015, in Amsterdam. The conference was great, with a lot of high level content.
Sessions I visited. I've attempted to order them by what I found most interesting, but the order certainly not conclusive. All sessions can be viewed online at Parleys:
- Types vs Tests : An Epic Battle?
- Options in Futures, how to unsuck them
- Towards Browser and Server Utopia with Scala.JS: an example using CRDTs
- Function-Passing Style, A New Model for Asynchronous and Distributed Programming
- Essential Scala: Six Core Principles for Learning Scala
- A purely functional approach to building large applications
- Functional Data Validation (or How to Think Functionally)
- Meerkat parsers: a general parser combinator library for real programming languages
- Yoyak : Static analysis framework for Scala
- Scala Puzzlers: "In the Matrix, anything is possible!"
- Life Beyond the Illusion of Present
- Project Valhalla: Part 2 – Value Types in the JVM
- The Future of AI in Scala, and on the JVM
I'll write more on what I've learned soon. For now, if you want to know something specific, just contact me.